HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Marine Navigation and Software: Installation problem can't register dlls

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Jul 9, 2003 9:31 PM)
thread closed

My set up is Win2000. Program installed fine first time. Laptop was out of my hands for the last year, comes back to me and now Offshore Navigator 2002 will not run. I tried to re-install the program, whereupon receive an error message at 80% through installation saying dlls will not self register. The files are chartlist2.dll, cog.dll, marksvr.dll, routesvr.dll, seerml.ocx, and vessel.ocx. I did an unistall, deleted contents of \temp, regclean, and then restart. Tried reinstall. No luck. Still have same problem. What to do?

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Old Forum User
WinXP SelfReg DLL patch
(msg #n/a: Posted Jul 10, 2003 10:39 AM)

Even though you have Windows 2000, the WindowsXP DLL self-register update/patch in the downloads section will still apply to your machine and should correct this problem.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
Patch does not correct problem with dlls not regis
(msg #n/a: Posted Jul 16, 2003 2:27 PM)

I tried the patch suggested to fix the problem with OSN having a problem registering DLL files. The fix did not work. After the first try at the patch I then uninstalled the program, regcleaned the disk, reinstalled OSN, and re-ran the patch. Still no luck. When I click on the link to shorenav.exe (or shorenav.exe itself) nothing happens. There is a brief hourglass and then nothing. This is a Dell Lattitude P2 128meg ram laptop. The program used to work (I have 5.0 installed). The laptop was out of my hands for a year and now i cannot get OSN to run. The OS is Win2000 Sp3.

Here is some additional information: Just as a lark I went and installed OSN 5.0 on another identical laptop that had never had the program installed before. This machine is Win 2000 sp3 as well. On this machine the installation succeeded. No error with DLL files failing to register. No need to run the patch.

What gives?

Old Forum User
What's giving...
(msg #n/a: Posted Jul 16, 2003 2:49 PM)

As you can tell from your experiment by sucessfully running the install on a virtually idendical machine, something very odd is going on.

Give us a call at 978-792-1197. We may need to send you a CD-based installer since the web updates seem not to be working. In addition, the 5.02 installer CD includes a few diagnostic tools that can help us determine what the incompatibility is.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2015 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS