HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Chart Navigator Pro & Chart Navigator Light: General: Chart Navigator Pro: Application Discussion: Another Migration Question

W. Gordon Fink
Original Message
(Posted Dec 16, 2005 3:40 PM)

Your new Chart Navigator Pro is great. Only challenge was learning how to access the "snapshot " pictures which through experimentation I found them using the properties window. My question is how to import/export waypoints/tracks from/to my Raymarine C80 Chartplotter. I downloaded the Raymarines free utility program which uses the compact flash to transfer the data from the C80 to my PC - it imports the data in a "ARCHIVE.FSH" file. Their program then converts the data to an MS Excel form which is an easy way to display waypoints. Question: How can I import the waypoints from the C80 data on my PC to Chart Navigator Pro and export MAPTECH marks (waypoints) to either an Excel file or a data format that can be converted to excel for review and eventual import back into my C80? The same question also applies to tracks/routes.
Thanks in advance for your help - Gordon

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Justine Baldwin
RE: Another Migration Question
(msg #1: Posted Dec 22, 2005 8:57 AM)

Gordon,

You would have to convert that Excel file into a format that Chart Navigator Pro can read. You could paste the contents of the Excel file into a text file in notepad and edit the file so it is in the correct format. Follow the formatting instructions outlined in the document at this link: ftp://ftp.maptech.com/downloads/osnmarks.pdf

You can then save this file with a .MXF extension and change the type of file to "All files". This file can then be imported into Chart Navigator Pro. Also outlined in the document at the above link are instructions to open a waypoint file in Excel when you have exported from Chart Navigator Pro in the .MXF format. Tracks would have to be saved with a .TXF file extension and routes with a .RXF file extension.

Formatting instructions for tracks: http://www.maptech.com/support/doc.cfm?docid=221&plid=24

Formatting instructions for routes: http://www.maptech.com/support/doc.cfm?docid=220&plid=24

Justine Baldwin
Technical Support

Joanne Goodman
RE(2): Another Migration Question
(msg #1.1: Posted Feb 4, 2006 8:46 AM)

I just bought a Raymarine C80 and am interested in the MapTech Pro. Is the method discussed above the only way to share infromation (waypoints, routes) between the PC and the C80? I like the looks for the MapTech Pro program but don't know how compatable it is with what I want to do. I appreciate your advice.

Joanne

Justine Baldwin
RE(3): Another Migration Question
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Feb 6, 2006 5:04 PM)

Joanne,

Chart Navigator Pro will work with your Raymarine GPS if it uses generic NMEA 0183 sentences to perform route and waypoint transfers. If it does use this method there are options within the program to transfer the data from the GPS.

Justine Baldwin
Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2015 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS