HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Digital Charts/ChartKits & FreeBoatingCharts.com: General: ChartKit Discussion: The Future of Softcharts

Richard Ray
Original Message
(Posted May 25, 2006 2:46 PM)

Now that Maptech has purchased the www.softcharts.com assets, will Maptech be offering the .geo/.nos format charts?

I also notice that marineplanner.com no longer works to buy and purchase charts. So I lost my $99 credit I had there.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Charts, etc.
(msg #1: Posted May 26, 2006 9:02 AM)

Upon our aquisition of SoftCharts, we have decided to discontinue that product line. We offer similar (if not identical) product in our Digital ChartKits. We are in the midst of examining the inventory of SoftCharts and will be adding the few coverages and features that are lacking in the BSB/Digital ChartKit line up.

MarinePlanner.com will be getting an overhaul and expansion in the next few months. We have exciting plans for this web property. In the meanwhile, feel free to download whatever NOAA charts you need from Maptech's: www.FreeBoatingCharts.com.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

Scot Hunter
RE: Charts, etc.
(msg #1.1: Posted Sep 21, 2006 12:05 AM)

It's been almost 4 months since this reply - is their any update? I'm particularly interested in the Softchart Region 450, the set of global planning charts. Neither Maptech nor anyone else has anything comparable unless you move to a C-Map or Navionics compatible application. The world chart that Maptech supplies does not provide anywhere near the detail for major passage planning.

Scot Hunter

Ed Lecuyer
Still Integrating, etc.
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Sep 21, 2006 11:19 AM)

We are still in the process of integrating the SoftCharts into our product line. We are evaluating the Region 450 and we will re-issue it should there be sufficient interest, etc.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2015 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS