HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Digital Charts/ChartKits & FreeBoatingCharts.com: General: ChartKit Discussion: getting BSB charts to Capn 7.5.3

Don Jackson
Original Message
(Posted Feb 27, 2008 10:57 AM)

Help please....I have Capn 7.4 that I upgraded to7.5 3 via online download. I downloaded free chart fromMaptech's free download site to a saved BSB file on my desktop and then double clicked the file to put them into the Capn......I then went to the Capn and can't find the files(new charts)anywhere. Where did I go wrong. I have Windows Vista installed.

Thanks...Don Jackson

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: getting BSB charts to Capn 7.5.3
(msg #1: Posted Mar 10, 2008 3:15 PM)

The raster charts you downloaded from www.freeboatingcharts.com get installed to
C:\Chartkit\BSBchart generally as a default location.
First check to make sure you have this directory (open Computer, double click the Local Disk C, look to see if you have a Chartkit folder, and in there a BSBChart folder.)
If you do not, check to see if they were installed to C:\BSBChart.

Really, it does not matter where they are installed to, as long as you know where.

What you probably need to do, once you locate where the charts are installed to, is to point The CAPN to that chart folder.
This is done by opening The CAPN then click on the Charts menu, then Set or Refresh Chart Paths.

In the box with the yellow folders, browse to the folder you installed those charts to, click on the folder - you will see a list of charts come up in the square white window to the right. When you see this list come up, click the ADD PATH button (below the yellow folders.) This will add that directory to a list The CAPN will look in.
Click Save This List in the lower right corner.

That should point The CAPN to these new charts.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2015 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS