HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Marine Navigation and Software: OSN 5.02 bug ?

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Jan 19, 2003 6:09 PM)
thread closed

Hi,

When I do a Change CD/Refresh Charts from within Charts at this location, I get the following fatal error;

SHORENAV caused an invalid page fault in
module CHARTLIST2.DLL at 015f:03e70259

SHORENAV caused an invalid page fault in
module MFC42.DLL at 015f:6c371351.

This does not happen when doing the same thing using the Charts dropdown menu.

Problem is that sometimes the Charts at this location does not show a complete list depending on the zoom factor. Seems that this worked in 5.01.

Win98 Pentium system here.

Thanks,

Bob

Previous     
Replies 7 - 16 of 16
     Next     

Old Forum User
5.02 doesn't startup
(msg #n/a: Posted Apr 3, 2003 11:07 AM)

Hmm.

This could be caused by a number of things - there is no simple "smoking gun".

Some things to try:

- Download and run the Windows XP patch mentioned earlier in this thread. This may fix it - even though you are in Windows 2000.

- Insert the Offshore Navigator Installer CD. On the Autorun screen that appears, choose advanced options, and then "Disable Contour Professional". While this will not allow access to our underwater 3-D charts, it may get you up and running.

- Download and install the latest version of DirectX from microsoft's web site.

- Download and install the latest version of the video drivers for your machine from you computer manufacturer's web site.

If the software still fails to start, you can try the "Clean Data Files" option in the advanced section of the Autorun. You can also Uninstall (again, via the autorun) then reinstall. However, both of these options will erase any routes, waypoints, tracks, etc. you may have saved.

If you have any questions, please call us at 978-792-1197 and we'll be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
any update on patch
(msg #n/a: Posted Apr 10, 2003 6:55 PM)

Mike,

Any update on a patch to the bug I reported in January.

Thanks,

Bob

Old Forum User
5.02c comming shortly
(msg #n/a: Posted Apr 11, 2003 8:28 AM)

Today (I hope) to release 5.02c that will address this bug. Check the downloads section of the website tonight or Monday.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Old Forum User
All is Well!
(msg #n/a: Posted Apr 19, 2003 1:41 AM)

1. I downloaded and installed the XP Patch, which didn't help.

2. Since I keep my system up to date with the Microsoft updates and keep up to date with the Dell BIOS, Graphics, drivers, etc., updates, I decided to download and install 5.02c. That resolved the problem! All is now up and running.

Sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot to check the web site for a response. I was looking for an email response to flag me to look for an answer.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Norm Olsen

Old Forum User
OSN 5.02C still have the same bug
(msg #n/a: Posted May 3, 2003 11:53 AM)

Hi Ed and Mike,

Thanks for update, but I am still having the same problem of OSN crashing when rebuilding a chart list as described in my January post. Do you konw if this was intended to be solved. BTW, the problem is on a P166/98SE laptop. Does not occur on my XP based home machine.

I have installed registered DLLs with XP patch and upgraded to latest DirectX. ALso, tried to reinstall 5.9 but problem persists. Maybe the registry needs work at this point to do a clean reinstall.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Old Forum User
Some bugs are hard to squish
(msg #n/a: Posted May 5, 2003 9:16 AM)

There are still a couple of instances where Rebuilding the chart list may crash the software, but I know of no Refresh problems.

Maybe the chart list cache is corrupted on this machine.

Try this: In "Advanced Chart Management" press "Rebuild" (as opposed to "Refesh/Change CD"). This should do a total rebuild of your chart inventory and may straighten this out. Otherwise, we'll keep looking for it here.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Old Forum User
Hard bug to squish
(msg #n/a: Posted May 7, 2003 9:23 PM)

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, no joy. You were able to reproduce the problem before, so I hope this is still the case!

I'd be happy to beta test attempts to solve this.

Bob Mattaliano

Old Forum User
No crash, but odd behaviour
(msg #n/a: Posted May 8, 2003 9:19 AM)

I am not seeing a crash here, but I am seeing it do something odd. Hopefully that will be enough for the developers to go on.

-Ed Lecuyer

Old Forum User
OSN 5.02 bug
(msg #n/a: Posted Aug 18, 2003 8:01 PM)

Hi Ed and Mike,

Any update on a fix for the bug I reported in January regarding OSN crashing during chartlist rebuilds?

Thanks,

Bob

Old Forum User
Working on an update
(msg #n/a: Posted Aug 20, 2003 11:50 AM)

We are putting together a 5.03 release, due out shortly. Hopefully, it will fix this problem.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Previous     
Replies 7 - 16 of 16
     Next     

© 1989 - 2015 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS